Interesting Information on Lockouts and Locksmiths
Individuals lock themselves out of their homes more often than they like to admit. They also lock themselves out of their cars routinely. The statistics however only show those that will admit to lockouts, so this article is a general guide but will prove why a good mobile locksmith should also be available nearby. Most individuals also are clueless about how mobile locksmithing works or which mobile locksmiths are near them.
- Locking oneself out of your home occurs about 20-30 times in a lifetime.
- Lockout of cars totals about 40 million per year according to consumer reports!
- Many individuals are not even aware of mobile locksmiths near them.
- Mobile locksmiths should be AAOL (American Association of Locksmiths) certified.
- Mobile locksmiths are more convenient. They bring all their tools with them.
- A 24/7 locksmithing mobile professional should be chosen as many lockouts occur on nights and weekends.
- It can take less than 20 minutes for a mobile locksmith with experience to change a lock or rekey a car.
- Experience is important as damage can be done by a non-certified locksmith.
- Like your driver’s license and registration, a mobile locksmith’s information should be in your wallet.
- Crawling through your window if locked out of your home can result in a report to the police by neighbors who might suspect a burglary. Individuals with security systems will also set off the security system when doing this.
- You should never try to pry open your car door or window. You will damage the car door key entry and the window! Automatic windows are especially prone to this type of damage.
- Mobile locksmiths are generally no more expensive than locksmiths where you must go to the shop. The prices are approximately the same, and you save the time and trouble of going to a shop, especially for a simple rekeying of a car key. Of course, you should check on the pricing and policies first of those near you.
- According to AAA, even with the advent of ‘smart cars’ millions of individuals still locked themselves out of their cars in the past several years.
- Not all locksmiths need to be certified depending upon the state, and you should find one that took the trouble to get licensed as the training is crucial to your satisfaction.
- Locksmithing looks simple but, it is a combination of skills and manufacturing processes that an expert locksmith must study. It is a craft that takes years of knowledge and expertise.
- Locksmithing dates to 1857 and is one of the oldest services still available today.
- Unscrupulous locksmiths can exist and will just drill and replace. They do not attempt to rekey or repair, and these are not true locksmiths.
- A good locksmith, even the mobile ones, will have transparent pricing and you can ask for a quote before engaging them. Sometimes, in non-emergencies, it is better to wait until a weekday during daylight hours to save money as locksmiths are busy always, and emergency services might cost more. Check first when in doubt!
As a side note, even if you are a notorious lock-out artist, locking yourself out repeatedly, never leave your doors open at home or in the car because of this. A whopping 70 percent of burglaries occur due to unlocked doors at a residence or in a car. Do not be a victim to this when a mobile locksmith can help every time.